Kanae Catalano, Chair of FYS Yoga
- Yoga instructor approved by Fujimoto Yoga Gakuin (Ehime, Japan)
- Hatha Yoga instructor approved by Government of Maharashtra State, India
- Completion of the Yoga Teacher Training course (200hrs) recognized by Ministry of AYUSH (Yoga department, Gov. of India)
- Completion of the Pre/Post Natal Yoga Teacher Training course (100hrs) recognized by Ministry of AYUSH
- Completion of the Breast Cancer Yoga Instructor Training course by BCY Institute Japan
- Completion of the Rusie Dutton (Thai Yoga; traditional Thai exercise) course recognized by Ministry of Education (MOE), Thailand
- Completion of the Professional Massage course recognized by MOE, Thailand
- Completion of the Lymphatic Massage Professional Training course by The Thai Massage School (Tokyo, Japan)
Kanae has begun her yoga practice since 2003. With regular practice, she soon found herself becoming more flexible and physically fit, and generally calmer with better grasp of her emotions. These states and experiences led her to more seriously devote her attention to yoga.
She then began having a training under Ms. Chiemi Chino who was a second-generation disciple of Master Masahiro Oki, the founder of the Okido Yoga.
She started teaching in 2010, at Tokyo, Japan. Since then, she has been instructing men and women of various ages and conditions.
She also worked as a Thai massage and body stretch therapist at a relaxation salon in Hiroo, Tokyo.
Drawing from her experiences in various kinds of yoga such as Bihar School, Iyengar, Okido, Sivananda and Restorative, Kanae specializes in personalized yoga instruction combined with techniques for bodyweight exercise, stretches and massage. It is her passion and joy sharing her knowledge with clients and help them to fully enjoy their everyday life.
At home, she enjoys practicing yoga with her daughter as well as her regular self-practice.